If the embed code does not work, click the link below to view the video.
Steven Crowder's irreverent and humorous video comparing Muhammad with Jesus tells the viewer to verify his assertions about Moe and provides citations to Islam's canon of scripture and tradition. Crowder also exhorts viewers to read the full texts. I intend to provide links to those source texts to make it easier for you.
Crowder takes license and liberty with dramatic depictions but the facts remain undiminished. I hope you are familiar with the Bible and want you to become familiar with the Qur'an & hadith.
- 1.18 Ansar Vol. 5, Bk. 58 # 234 Marital age of Aisha.
The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Allright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age.
- For further details on the issue of
Moe's child bride see:
- 1.55 multiple wives: Counts vary, between 9 and 13. Aisha
was the only virgin among them. To learn about Moe's harem, turn to Ibn
Ishaq and other biographers.
- Ibn Ishaq does not give us a chapter on the
subject. You may need to read the entire book to find a few details.
Have fun with that.
- Rev. Samuel Green "The Life of Mahomet" Chapter XI page 205 of the text; 226 of the pdf file provides a partial list and some details.
- Ibn Kathir, in his Sira, gives us a chapter on the subject
followed by another on the women he did not intend to marry. Vol.
4, page 415
- Chapter: An Account ofthe wives and children, may God be pleased with them all, ofthe Prophet (SAAS).
- Hayat ul-Qulub is a Shi'ah version of the Sira. It
contains a juicy tidbit not easily found elsewhere. The arrogant lecher
fancies himself hitched to Mary, Mother of Jesus by Allah in
Paradise. With the link open, press and hold the Control key, tap
the F key and enter this string: Khadija
dying three days afterwards. For stories about his other wives,
search for: Wives of the Prophet in the left sidebar.
- 2.29 treatment of women; lapidation
- Ibn Ishaq 819,995
- I am unable to find those numbers. Open the book, press and
hold Shift and Ctrl, tap F and enter stoning, you will find four
- Sahih Muslim Bk. 4 #2127 Moe got out of bed
and went out, Aisha followed him. He caught her and gave her a
- Sahih Muslim Bk. 36 #6597 Moe said he looked into
Hell and saw that "...the majority
constituted by women."
- 2.28 majority of dwellers of fire Sahih Muslim Bk. 47 #4206 There may be a typo in my notes. I find only 17.4206, which is a narration about a stoning.
- There are other sayings Steven did not tell you about.
- Women are deficient in intelligence and religion.
- 3.33 Safiya was the wife of the chief of a local Jewish
settlement. After killing her family, Moe took her as booty. Several
ahadith are relevant.
- Volume 4, Book 52, Number 143
- Volume 5, Book 59, Number 512
- Volume 5, Book 59, Number 513
- Volume 5, Book 59, Number 522
- Volume 5, Book 59, Number 523
- Safiya was married to Kinana; Ibn
Kathir recounts the story of his death by torture: Vol. 3, pg. 268
- Ibn Ishaq went on, "The Messenger
of God (SAAS) had Kinma h. al-Rabi'
brought to him; he was in charge of the Bana al-Nadir treasury. When asked
about it, Kinana denied knowledge of its whereabouts. Then there was brought
to the Messenger of God (SAAS) a Jew who said, 'I saw Kinsna circle around
the treasure early every morning.' The Messenger of God (SAAS) then said to
Kinana, 'Do you realize that I'll kill you if we find it with you?' 'Yes,' he replied.
Then the Messenger of God (SAAS) ordered that their treasure be dug up and
some of it was brought out. He then asked Kinma the whereabouts of the rest,
but he refused to hand it over. And so the Messenger of God (SAAS) ordered
al-Zuhayr b. al-'Awam to go to him, saying, 'Torture him until you root out
what he has.' Al-Zubayr then repeatedly struck fire on his chest until he was
close to death. Finally, the Messenger of God (SAAS) pushed him over to
Muhammad b. Maslama, who cut off his head in revenge for the loss of his
brother, Mahiid h. Maslama."
- 3.53 Kill non-Muslims Sahih Muslim 1.33 is a confirmation of 8.39, the order to fight until only Allah is worshiped.
- For relevant ayat, ahadith & Shari'ah, see: https://www.scribd.com/doc/220586952/What-s-Wrong-With-Islam-Muslims
- 3.54 Murder of critics Sahih
Bukhari 59.369 Moe ordered the assassination of a Jewish poet who
ridiculed him. For a discussion of the legal necessity of killing Moe's
critics and a list of those murders, see Ash-Shifa
pg. 325. Wikiislam has a similar list with less narration.
- 4.14 kill convert or subjugate 9.29 one of two primary Jihad imperatives in the Qur'an. To discover the practical application of those imperatives, read the Jihad books of any or all of the four hadith collections at USC linked above. To read relevant Islamic law, see: https://www.scribd.com/doc/212627148/HeDaya-140-Annotated
- 4.21 kill apostates 4.89
4:89. They wish that you reject Faith, as they have rejected (Faith), and thus that you all become equal (like one another). So take not Auliyâ' (protectors or friends) from them, till they emigrate in the Way of Allâh (to Muhammad ). But if they turn back (from Islâm), take (hold) of them and kill them wherever you find them, and take neither Auliyâ' (protectors or friends) nor helpers from them.
- Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 84, Number 57:
Narrated 'Ikrima: Some Zanadiqa (atheists) were brought to 'Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn 'Abbas who said, "If I had been in his place, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's Apostle forbade it, saying, 'Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire).' I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"
- 4.24 punishment over compassion 24.2
24:2. The woman and the man guilty of illegal sexual intercourse, flog each of them with a hundred stripes. Let not pity withhold you in their case, in a punishment prescribed by Allâh, if you believe in Allâh and the Last Day. And let a party of the believers witness their punishment. (This punishment is for unmarried persons guilty of the above crime but if married persons commit it, the punishment is to stone them to death, according to Allâh's Law).
- 5.04 deathbed curse Sahih Bukhari 1. 427
Narrated 'Aisha and 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas:
When the last moment of the life of Allah's Apostle came he started putting his 'Khamisa' on his face and when he felt hot and short of breath he took it off his face and said, "May Allah curse the Jews and Christians for they built the places of worship at the graves of their Prophets." The Prophet was warning (Muslims) of what those had done.
I will try to shovel up the worst of the camel excrement if I do not lose patience.
- "Islam is the only religion to actually prohibit the marriage of
prepubescent persons.". 24.59 4.6
- 4:6. And try orphans (as regards their intelligence) until they reach the age of marriage; if then you find sound judgement in them, release their property to them, but consume it not wastefully, and hastily fearing that they should grow up, and whoever amongst guardians is rich, he should take no wages, but if he is poor, let him have for himself what is just and reasonable (according to his work). And when you release their property to them, take witness in their presence; and Allâh is AllSufficient in taking account.
24:59. And when the children among you come to puberty, then let them (also) ask for permission, as those senior to them (in age). Thus Allâh makes clear His Ayât (Commandments and legal obligations) for you. And Allâh is All-Knowing, All-Wise.
65:4. And those of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the 'Iddah (prescribed period), if you have doubts (about their periods), is three months, and for those who have no courses [(i.e. they are still immature) their 'Iddah (prescribed period) is three months likewise, except in case of death] . And for those who are pregnant (whether they are divorced or their husbands are dead), their 'Iddah (prescribed period) is until they deliver (their burdens), and whosoever fears Allâh and keeps his duty to Him, He will make his matter easy for him.
- n9,1 There is no waiting period for a woman
divorced before having had sexual intercourse
with her husband.
- n9.2 A
waiting period is obligatory for a
woman divorced after intercourse, whether the
husband and wife are prepubescent, have reached
puberty, or one has and the other has not.
Intercourse means copulation (def: n7. 7). If
the husband was alone with her but did not copulate
with her, and then divorced her, there is no
- GUARDIANS WHO MAY MARRY A VIRGIN
TO A MAN WITHOUT HER CONSENT
m3.13 Guardians are of two types, those who
may compel their female charges to marry someone,
and those who may not.
(1) The only guardians who may compel
their charge to marry are a virgin bride's father or
father's father, compel meaning to marry her to a
suitable match (def: m4) without her consent.
(2) Those who may not compel her are not
entitled to marry her to someone unless she
accepts and gives her permission.
Whenever the bride is a virgin, the father or
father's father may marry her to someone without
her permission, though it is recommended to ask
her permission if she has reached puberty. A virgin's
silence is considered as permission.
The liar throws up argumentum Tu Quo-que, a diversion, not a defense.
Oppression, repression etc. are cited as a defense against accusation of aggression: who in Yemen, egypt, Iraq, Syria and India was oppressing Muslims?
Where is the element of defense in 8.39 & 9.29? How do you explain away the dictum of Islamic law, stated in Hedaya 2.141, that "Destruction of the sword is incurred by infidels although they be not the first aggressors."?
Who was oppressing whom? Moe dictated and dispatched extortion letters. This one is is egregious in its aggressive statement of evil intent.
Volume 1, Parts II.73.3
They said: The Apostle of Allah, may Allah bless him, wrote to Yuhannah Ibn
Rubbàh and (other) chiefs of the people of Aylah: You are safe. I praise Allah before
you; there is no God but He. I will not fight against you unless I write to you (in
advance). So, join the fold of Islam or [P. 29] pay the jizyah. Obey Allah and His
Apostle and the messengers of His Apostle, honour them and dress them in nice
clothes, other than the uniform of the ghazis. Provide Zayd with good clothes. If my
messengers will be pleased with you, I shall also be pleased with you. The jizyah is a
known thing. If you like that, peace might prevail over the land and sea; you should
obey Allah and His Apostle. You will not be required to pay dues you have been
paying to the Arabs and the 'Ajamis, and you will pay the dues to Allah and His
Apostle. If you send them (my messengers) back and do not please them, I shall not
accept anything from you, and shall wage war against you and make your young
ones captive and shall stay your elders. Verily, I am the Apostle of Allah to
communicate the truth. I believe in Allah, His Books and His Apostles. I believe in
Masih Ibn Maryam (Messiah son of Mary) who is His word, to be His Apostle. Come
to me before you face the evil. I have given advice to my messengers about your
affairs. Pay three wasag (Wasaq is a camel-load equal to sixty sa`s, each sa` being
equal to four mudds, and each mudd is equal to 1-1/3 lbs., thus a wasaq is equal to
nearly four maunds of Pakistan.) of barley to Harmalah. Verily, Harmalah has
recommended your case. Had there been no Allah and this (recommendation) I
would not have had any correspondence with you and you would have seen armies
marching against you. If you obey my messenger, verily, Allah is your defender and
(also) Muhammad and those who follow him. Verily, my messengers are Shurahbil,
Ubayyi, Harmalah and Hurayth lbn Zayd al-Tá'i. If they conclude a treaty, I shall
approve of it and you will be under the guarantee of Allah and Allah's Apostle
Muhammad. Salàm to you. If you obey, you should arrange provisions for the people
of Maqna to go to their land.